NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last night was...

+2
madd_rocker
Shane
6 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Last night was... - Page 4 Empty Re: Last night was...

Post by Shane Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:42 am

Just a side note, the addition of party chat to the PS4 has made things a little easier as well. Join the chat, they tell you when there's an opening, join through battlelog. Also being able to talk to several squads at once if you have enough people in the game works to. The only downside to that is when one squad gets switched and nobody knows it. You suddenly find yourself talking to the guy that was on your side last round when he's trying to kill you. And maybe it's the people I play with but that doesn't make anyone play any easier or try to boost. It just gives us a reason to curse each other in fun.

Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:40 pm

I actually had a decent night last night considering I was on my own or with randoms for most of the night and my first 2 games were on the poor excuse of a map called Flood zone. After those 2, I decided I would play until I got 2 losses in a row or ran out of steam. I ran out of steam first. Smile

Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:38 pm

Nice  Wink 

madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:10 pm

As I was snowed in yesterday without much to do I decided to see how long I could go until I hit my 2 loss rule and called it a night. It took me almost 5 hours. I ranked up twice, got a whole bunch of awards but the highlight to my day came when I was forced to haul out a sniper rifle to deal with other snipers who didn't seem to have much interest in the objectives in an objective game. Now we all know that I'm not much good with those rifles, but I did manage to take out the worst of them from across the map with 1 shot. I was kind of proud of that and even more satisfied when he quit the game right after that Smile
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Shocked Cool cheers 
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:57 am

So another Premium double xp weekend has come and gone. I did manage to rank up nicely but it sure was a battle. The Second Rising servers seem to be off for me most of the time no matter what mode I was playing. The redone maps do look great though, I'll give them that. But it was damn frustrating sometimes trying to get anything done. The upside to that was playing some regular games with people who don't have premium were almost a pleasure in comparison.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:51 am

It was another up and down sort of weekend. The Second Rising servers seem to be horrible to play on most of the time but we did have a few decent games of domination. About the time Rocker got on, I couldn't even get into a game so went off for some thievery instead.

The highlight to the weekend though was playing Obliteration on Langcon Dam when I noticed a little group on the roof of the office building. I managed to parachute way over on the edge of the hill, set up shop with my dreaded sniper rifle, and after a couple of ranging shots, shoot 5 of them, all from over 300m with 5 shots for 5 marksman medals in a couple of minutes. By the time they figured out where I was, I had left, and the game was over. My only thought was, "so you want to be a sniper huh?"
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:34 am

Nice, sorry I couldn't be on earlier. Started the day off sick, then had to see the tax accountant, and then Pinewood derby. It was a looooongggggg day.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:32 pm

Shane wrote:It was another up and down sort of weekend. The Second Rising servers seem to be horrible to play on most of the time but we did have a few decent games of domination. About the time Rocker got on, I couldn't even get into a game so went off for some thievery instead.

The highlight to the weekend though was playing Obliteration on Langcon Dam when I noticed a little group on the roof of the office building. I managed to parachute way over on the edge of the hill, set up shop with my dreaded sniper rifle, and after a couple of ranging shots, shoot 5 of them, all from over 300m with 5 shots for 5 marksman medals in a couple of minutes. By the time they figured out where I was, I had left, and the game was over. My only thought was, "so you want to be a sniper huh?"

I love getting those guys. Nice job!

If you want to go for some super long range shots, setup your 40x scope on the srr61 and go to the mountain in the very back of the Russian spawn. You can pick off the rooftop snipers from there too. I got two headshots at over 1000M there, the longest being 1059M. Great feeling it is.

GoD_GraveDancer

Back to top Go down

Post by GoD_GraveDancer Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:57 am

Last night was horrible. New update on PS4 and it has totally killed the game for me. I was able to play 2 games before stopping for the night.

Obliteration was "accidentally" changed (according to DICE - and they are trying to fix it). It now has NO vehicles, other than a RHIB & quad. The bomb sites are grouped right next to each other and in the center of the maps. Parachute deployment is gone - your only option is to spawn on a squad member or in your on base (which isn't bad considering its also near the center of the map). There is no hit detection beyond approx 20M - NONE, ZERO - you get NO hit markers beyond 20M. Many times, the bomb cannot be armed/disarmed. Its turned into a spawn camp TDM with mostly grenade & RPG spamming.

GoD_GraveDancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:40 am

Yeah, the patch didn't improve much at all. I played 2 games of conquest that were full of the same old problems. Then I discovered nothing was being updated to battlelog and decided it wasn't worth fighting a losing battle if I have to do it all over again. The only good news is that my stats did update sometime over night.

No it's not perfect but ffs why must they keep breaking more stuff? I'm really sad to hear they screwed up obliteration. That was my go to mode. It was bad enough when they put the time limit on it, now they have to muck around with it more? It was fine as it was.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:23 am

Man last night was terrible, tried to play and wierd shit happening, the problems is that patch may not be fully in and alot people are playing without it. Hopefully it will sort out in a few days like its past history.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:45 am

I got in too late last night to even be bothered. Any changes or have we all decided to let it sit for a few days?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:16 am

Letting sit for a few days may be best.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:43 am

We may have to show Glenn how to race on GT6. Wink

Or follow him around while he shows us.....
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:12 pm

Shane wrote:We may have to show Glenn how to race on GT6. Wink

Or follow him around while he shows us.....

Guess we'll have to find which one it is Smile
Think I'm gonna let my ps3 rest tonight though. Have left it on for the day and letting it race on it's own to build up some km. If it doesn't get stuck I'm hopefully gonna be at something around 9000km tonight.
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by GoD_GraveDancer Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:35 pm

Everthing seems back to normal. The game is actually playing better for me most of the time - Ive done a few games of conquest large (which I despise) and havent had any rubberbanding. I have noticed a handful of instant deaths that cant be explained, but overall its playing good. Oh, they fixed Obliteration.

GoD_GraveDancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:01 pm

I might just have to make a return at some point this weekend if I can find the time.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:04 pm

It will be until Thursday that I will be able to get back on, so iron it out for me  Wink 
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Being sick did not help my outlook on this game at all over the last few days. The messed up kill cams does my head in. Suddenly it also seems that snipers don't even appear on a kill cam anymore. Yesterday I had the whole day off and had no energy to even attempt playing because I would end up getting frustrated like I did for the last 2 nights. That and getting dropped into games with 3-6 players and just getting nailed every time you move because it was impossible to set up any kind of defense when you're that badly out numbered. Oh and be looking for the return of rented servers, that should pretty much end the game for me just like it did on BF3.... too bad really because the potential is there but the more they fiddle with it, the worse it gets.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 am

Sad Damn, and I just got back.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:40 am

I'm not sure if I just happened to fall into the right servers or if they tweaked the game without telling anyone but by last night things seems to have improved. I managed to string together a good string of wins, whether playing with Rocker or Gravy. We pretty much won them all.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:04 am

Good games last night with Shane. Since I have been back it has seemed to be working right to me, except for the occassional game which there would be lag, rubberbanding, or games with basic kits.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:59 am

Last night didn't start out so well, joining Dean for a game. It was one of the few games where I quit rather than go on. When my helicopter moves backwards while flying forward, it's not working for me. I joined some randoms for some epic Obliteration games, where I'd rather run full length with a draw than deal with what I had earlier. After a couple of decent games, I decided it wasn't going to get much better and called it good for the night.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:44 am

After a long day yesterday, I only played a few rounds of Obliteration and ended up winning 4 of 4. It was nice to actually have randoms who somewhat get how to play as a team. My main peeve with that mode is you pick up the bomb and someone on your team either goes zipping by you in a vehicle or a full vehicle pulls up next to you but nobody will get out for the bomb carrier. There was none of that last night, every time I was carrying there was someone there to give me a ride in seconds. Not only that but people would actually switch classes to deal with the main threats. I'm still wondering why recons magically don't show in the kill cam though. I really want to find them and stab them in the back of the head but now you have no idea where they might be.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:31 am

That is a problem, not knowing where the f-ing cowards are hiding at.

Actually had a very good night at Rush, but it also helped to be playing with some other friends. We emptied out the rush server we were on, and then we proceeded to ruling conquest.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:26 am

After a strange start to the night, where I join Gravy and someone on our team (which was losing) took the bomb in Obliteration back to our spawn and stayed there for the rest of the game, we ended up in a different lobby where things went far better. Just a very strange start there.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoD_GraveDancer Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 am

Shane wrote:After a strange start to the night, where I join Gravy and someone on our team (which was losing) took the bomb in Obliteration back to our spawn and stayed there for the rest of the game, we ended up in a different lobby where things went far better. Just a very strange start there.

Oh damn. I didn't see you in there. Once I realized what he was doing, I just left the game and went outside for a smoke. I couldnt be bothered to finish a BS game like that as I knew where it was going.

On another note, after my smoke, I hopped back on and found a couple of GoD playing. Joined up with them and before long, we had a nice 8 man group going. I haven't played with that many friends in a game since BC2. Was a nice change, the teamwork that is.

GoD_GraveDancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next