NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield Hardline

3 posters

Go down

Battlefield Hardline Empty Battlefield Hardline

Post by Shane Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:49 am

I'm going to start out by saying this shouldn't be a Battlefield game and that's why I'm not starting a new section for it. The only thing Battlefield about it is the engine it runs on. They could have called it Hardline alone and hyped it being run on the Battlefield engine but that's a marketing decision I guess. Moving on, I've only played a couple of the missions on sp to start with, having been introduced to mp through the betas. Basically it's the story of cops fighting a drug war in Miami, with lot's of action.... car chases, busting down doors, etc. I'm going to be honest I wasn't really looking forward to this one, for the reasons I stated above but so far it plays and looks pretty good. Except for a few little glitchy things (the sound of a shotgun shot about a second after you fire and see the animation for instance) it actually isn't bad. As of right now, just based on the story (which looks to be a decent length) I'll have to give it 7/10.
Shane
Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Battlefield Hardline Empty Re: Battlefield Hardline

Post by madd_rocker Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:06 pm

I still don't know about getting it, it isnt battlefield for sure, and the story may be good, but the look of mp still isnt like bf, and game modes are different.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:30 pm

I made it a point this morning to play all the mp modes, except TDM, to get a feel for them. I'm going with Hotwire as my favorite, that's take assigned cars and keep them going at speed as long as possible (think conquest in motion) lot's of easy money. Bloodmoney isn't bad (almost CTF except everyone uses the same flag.) The 2 small squad modes (5 players) could be good if you aren't playing with randoms without mics. Heist or whatever it is, is a little too confusing to me. Conquest is conquest, always a dependable game. My biggest problem so far (besides my crap shooting skills and lousy guns) is that there is so much cover and background stuff in this game that I can't see what's going on. For some reason someone has decided we need more of everything in shooters lately. I have enough trouble getting 1 gun to work for me but by rough maths, there a 4 classes in 4 factions with a possiblity of 5 loadouts each. That's 80 loadouts, who the hell needs that many?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:33 am

Well, finished the story and it wasn't to bad. Played mp for the first time, and so far the jury is still out. Played 2 modes last night, 3 conquest, which the maps seem a little too big, but still is a reliable game as Shane says. 2 games of blood money, I can get into this one, specially if you have a dependable squad. Will have to try the other modes later on, but all that I ask is if you are joining me or a game I'm in, please let me know, for I get so wrapped up play ing the game, figureing out maps and objects, and the new load out system, it gets busy at times.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:52 am

I'm not a big fan of the short times between games. Right now I'm just trying to get enough money to get decent tools to work with and would like to be able to add them as soon as I can but there just isn't time to wade through all the menus to do it between games like you used to. Hardwire is still best to rack up points in as far as I can tell. If I can get into one of the cars and either drive or repair I've been going up almost a rank a game.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoD_GraveDancer Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:36 pm

So??? Do I need to buy this or not?

GoD_GraveDancer

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:43 am

I like it, for the most part, but I was starting to have lag issues real bad, and I notice more South American flags.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:04 pm

Gravy, I think you'd like it. There isn't a whole lot of down time in most of the modes and I know you like lot's of action. This has it.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:39 am

Ok, tried HEIST and Crosshair modes, heist is a mix of good and bad, first of all didn't know what was going on, then it got better. Crosshair could be a good game, as long as you have communitive teammates.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Otherwise both of those modes are playable and can be good. Conquest small is better to me than large map conquest.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Double xp going on right now!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter