NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS4 Officially Announced today.

+4
Shane
Земляне
Jessica
mythus
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PS4 Officially Announced today. Empty PS4 Officially Announced today.

Post by mythus Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:41 am

Well boys and girls, Sony went and announced the new PS4 to be on sale this holiday season 2013. Guess it's time to start saving all those nickels and dimes. New Killzone also announced as a launch title as well as Diablo 3. New dualshock4 controllers that have mini touch pads on them as well as the system coming with the playstation.

http://www.ign.com/ps4

mythus
mythus
Combat Knife Expert
Combat Knife Expert

Back to top Go down

PS4 Officially Announced today. Empty Re: PS4 Officially Announced today.

Post by Jessica Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 am

I don't need another ps, I already have 2 x ps3's and a ps2 too Very Happy

Not sure why anyone rushes out to buy a new one, especially at launch prices. The only reason I can think of to get one is if your old ps3 breaks.
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 am

Jessica wrote:I don't need another ps, I already have 2 x ps3's and a ps2 too Very Happy

Not sure why anyone rushes out to buy a new one, especially at launch prices. The only reason I can think of to get one is if your old ps3 breaks.

I got my PS3 when HMV knocked about £80 off which wasn't long after it came out.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 am

I'm with Jess on this one. I'm not going to rush out get one. I just want to play games and watch movies on the thing. The gadgetry and other apps aren't that important to me.
Shane
Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:25 am

As expected, Sony officially announced the PlayStation 4 during tonight’s PlayStation event in NYC.

PS4 Lead system architect Mark Cerny took the stage and shed some truth-light on PS4′s guts. It has an x86 CPU, enhanced PC GPU and 8 GB of onboard GDDR5 memory, and a local hard drive. A secondary chip will handle all downloading, allowing downloads to run in the background and be played while still downloading.

As rumored, the DualShock 4 sports a touchscreen and “light bar” that interacts with the stereo camera peripheral. This allows the camera to track the motion of the DualShock 4 (creating an evolution of the Sixaxis). As seen in the leaked PS4 prototype controller images, the DualShock 4 sports a headphone jack and “share” button. The share button allows players to broadcast what they’re playing to PSN friends in real time.

Gaikai co-founder and CEO Dave Perry revealed that his company’s technology would allow players broadcast and share gameplay over social networks. The Gaikai technology will also bolster connectivity between the PS4 and PS Vita, including the ability to stream console games from the PS4 to the PS Vita.

Several games were teased during the event, including Knack, Killzone: Shadow Fall, inFamous: Second Son, Watch_Dogs, Bungie’s Destiny, Drive Club, The Witness, Diablo III, a new Final Fantasy to be revealed during E3, and a new IP with the working title “Deep Down.”

The fourth PlayStation console is slated for release later this year, during the holiday season.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:51 am

Ha i would be suprised i f i couldn't run a PC game on it with all the high end computer specs.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:25 am

Well, like i've told some other people, we all know we will end up with it sooner or later, stop the posturing, a gamer is a gamer. Wink
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:33 am

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida just told our friends at Engadget current-gen PSN purchases won't transfer across to the PS4.

In last night's PS4 announcement, Sony revealed the new console won't have backwards compatibility for PS1, PS2, or PS3 discs, although the company aims to use the PS Cloud service to stream previous-gen games as a workaround.

Source: Engadget
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:36 am

Case in point right there^^^^^^^^^^^^ps3 will be as good as dead like ps2
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Not to pee on Sony's parade because I'm sure they want all PS3 users to dump them and buy the new one, I think they are going to find that PS4 users (read Guinea pigs) are going to be the minority for a while. As far as I know most of our machines are working fine right now so why change them if nobody else is or can. Who would you be playing with? Next up, once the PS4 comes out the trade in value of your PS3 is going to be nill because they aren't going to want to resell the things, they will only be good for parts so you might as well keep it for as long as you can.

Going to my car analogy, why do I have to buy a new one when the one I have works just fine and shows every sign of continuing to do so?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Even more awkward is that Battlefield 4 is yet to be 'announced'.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:39 am

Well said Shane. For me this is another example of them trying to rip off gamers Rolling Eyes
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:59 am

Yes what Shane said is very true and well stated. I'm just saying that all of the companies that where around at the time of the move from ps2 to ps3, and that are still around, will remember the transitional stage of that time and may do different this time around.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by saint1970 Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 pm

at some point every one will get a ps4. remember when all we had was the ps2? the ps3 opened up so many avenues for gaming and entertainment. i wont get one yet, i may even see about one as a free gift with my next phone lol. and nobody wants to be left driving their old motor around while everyone else is in a new motor, (albeit for me "as new".) at some stage you have to go with the flow or get left behind
saint1970
saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:34 pm

For me its Simples! I will get one as soon as I can get my hands on one!

I will also be keeping & playing on my PS3's and Vita as well as i never get rid of old consoles or games.

DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by mythus Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm with Dazza, hell I still got my Bally system, Sega Genesis, Atari Jaguar (with the best Aliens vs Predator game), and PS1 PS2 and PSP. As well as all the games for them.
mythus
mythus
Combat Knife Expert
Combat Knife Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:56 pm

Well, it took me 2 years I think to get a ps3. Will probably be something like that this time too lol
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:55 am

You don't want to rush into these things Glenn. Wink
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saint1970 Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 am

i dont know when i will get one. its different now because i never went online with ps2, but now there are so many of you if everyone else goes to ps4 then i will have no choice or no friends!!!!!!! haha. ooh saw trailer for watch dogs... mmmmm
saint1970
saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:14 pm

That's not really an idea I like..... Stu able to spy on anyone anywhere anytime. Wink
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saint1970 Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:28 pm

I already do. Dont forget your keys are next to the blue bowl........ Hahahahahahaha
saint1970
saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Shane wrote:You don't want to rush into these things Glenn. Wink

I never do whe it comes to expensive technology Smile I may rush into buying a game from time to time, but not with a new console. I honestly think it will be at least a year before I get one of the new consoles.
I've heard some rumours that Valve is making a console. That sounds interesting. Anyone know anything about that?
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:42 am

GlennBacca wrote:
Shane wrote:You don't want to rush into these things Glenn. Wink

I never do whe it comes to expensive technology Smile I may rush into buying a game from time to time, but not with a new console. I honestly think it will be at least a year before I get one of the new consoles.
I've heard some rumours that Valve is making a console. That sounds interesting. Anyone know anything about that?

Im pretty sure if it's as fat as the original PS3 alot of people will nickname it 'Gabe boy' or 'Gabe box'.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:57 am

Sony studios president Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed that every PlayStation 4 release will be available as a digital download as the company shifts its focus to digital media.

“We’re shifting our platform more and more to the digital side – PS4 will be similar to PS Vita in that every game will be available as a digital download, and some will also be available as a disc. The Witness will be a digital release and because of the flexibility of the digital distribution scheme, we can have more small games that might be free or available for a couple of dollars, or different services like free-to-play or subscription models,” he told The Guardian.

Yoshida also discussed subscription services, claiming that Sony may opt for a tiered model, “As more and more services and contents become available digitally, we’ll have more of an option to create attractive packages. So hypothetically we can look at different models – like a cable TV company. We could have gold, silver or platinum levels of membership, something like that.”

Via: CVG
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:34 am

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is what they see!!!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum